Thursday, June 7, 2012

Topless Head Banger

So my dear friend Zach and I went to a concert tonight at Muse Music in Provo. We hadn't really heard much of the bands who were playing so we didn't really know if they'd be any good. Well turns out I have a friend in one of the bands! Who knew right? All the more reason to go. Well anyway Zach and I showed up and the first band was absolute crap. All of the bands tonight were the loud head banging mosh pit kind of bands, but the first band was just.. loud. Not even worthy of a head bang or anything. Luckily, the bands got better as the night went on and my friend's band went last. Sea Swallowed Us Whole. Fantastic! Definitely recommend seeing them play if you get the chance.


Anyway, throughout the entire night there was this topless guy dancing like crazy to the music. When we first showed up he was doing a solo mosh pit. It was quite hilarious. Like there wasn't a huge crowd at Muse tonight, at least at the beginning of the show, and there was obviously not enough people to start a mosh pit. So there was just this one topless guy... all by himself. And don't get excited about the topless part. People were staring, but only because of his dancing. Anyway, the guy finally had a few people join him as the night went on so it wasn't such a pathetic mosh pit anymore. Except there was this kid who looked like he was 13 who didn't even dance he just got really close to people and then threw his arms around and shoved them. I think he just really wanted to hit someone but whatevs the group got a decent amount in there. Towards the end of the night, I was actually jealous of the group! I wanted to head bang so bad just so my hair could flip everywhere but I would only do it if Zach did too. And ya know.. he didn't. But we enjoyed some head banging and screaming on our way out after the concert.

Tonight was just a blast! Here's a summary of the rest of what happened: I felt like an idiot in the Smith's parking lot, Zach and I walked around aimlessly and found cool signs.


Zach and I had some Sammy's except we threw out our fries :/ and we laughed a whole lot and Zach spit up because he drank too much water. Oh and we felt like we were underwater after our ears went numb and we screamed at teenage girls who were head banging across the parking lot, well I screamed and Zach hid, and then we enjoyed the ringing in our ears for quite a while after the concert. It was a good time.

One more shout out to the last band of the night.

Sea Swallowed Us Whole

They were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment